BONGA FOR GOOD CAMPAIGN
During this time of Covid in 2020 whereby all Kenyans are facing tough times, Safaricom has offered a solution for Kenyans by partnering with all merchants who have a till number service to pay for food and other essentials by using their Bonga points as a mode of payment. The campaign was named Bonga for Good. This campaign launched in April 2020. The campaign was to educate Kenyans on 2 things.
- How to transfer Bonga pints to help a fellow Kenyan
- How to pay for food and other necessities using your Bonga points.
STRATEGIC PLATFORM & CREATIVE THINKING
Our insights lead the strategic team to develop the campaign BONGA FOR GOOD. This thought came about after consideration of the two audiences. Those who are transferring their Bonga points and those who would use their points to shop for food and other necessities. The strategic thought behind this was that all Kenyans can transfer or use their Bonga points for good during this pandemic period.
The messaging was mainly educational. To educate people on how to transfer their Bonga points to a fellow Kenyan as well as how to use Bonga points to pay for food and other necessities. The messaging was emotive in order to educate all customers how we as a nation will make it through the Covid-19 pandemic period together.
The campaign has shown that Kenyans have received the campaign very well and is a success story.
- Increase to 7000 daily transactions with Bonga points
- Increase to 537 million points transferred
- Increate to 1.1 billion points being redeemed
- Increase to 40,951 active tills transacting through Bonga points.